Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wishing For Lissie

"Well, I guess-I guess this is goodbye!" Lissie said, the tears already coming.
"Lissie!" We all cried, rushing to her and getting in a big group hug. Then she hugged everyone individually.
"Lissie! I love you! Don't you ever forget that!" Sarah cried, hugging her tightly.
"I won't! Ever! I love you too, Sarah!" She said, bawling so much I was surprised she still had tears.
"I love you girl! You're the best!" Kiya said, crying just as hard as Sarah.
"You too, Kiya!" Lissie whispered, hugging her hard.
Gwen walked up to her. "Lissie! Don't ever let anything get in the way of keeping us as friends!" She said, hugging her.
"Thanks Gwen. You're the best!" She cried.
"Lissie! I'll miss you so much more than I can say!" Makynli cried, rushing over to her and hugging her tightly.
"You too, Kynli! I love you!" She cried harder.
"Lissie!" Jessica said, crying to hard to even say anything else.
"I love you, Jess!!!! Keep me updated on everything you do with your most adorable horse, Star!" She cried.
"I will, of course I will!" She hugged her.
And then it was my turn.
"Lissie! How can I ever thank you for doing everything you've done for me?!" I asked, crying with a deep, deep sorrow.
"Annie, it was MY pleasure! Anytime, girl!" She cried, hugging me tightly. I held her for what seemed like short time, considering I may never see her again.
Then she went up to Beth. Things got very depressing here. Read on if you can handle, very, very sad moments.
"Lissssssssssssssie! How can I go on without you?! You're my best friend, but you're so much more than that!" Beth said, putting her head in her hands.
"Oh Beth!" Lissie cried yet harder, the two embracing and crying like their eyes were waterfalls. It hurt to watch.
After a few minutes of crying and talking and saying our last goodbyes, she crept into her box, and another Lissie put the lid over it. She waved through the window and we all left, crying from a deep place in our hearts. Later, a worker came and got her.
That was last night.
Today, she was probably shipped out, on her way to a new home. We haven't said a word all day, we are too sorrowful, with a deep, deep sorrow. There is no news for today. We've all sat together, not saying a word. Just staring at nothing, wishing, wishing for Lissie.

Love ya!
~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment